Saturday, January 11, 2020

Coffee Meets Bagel - Dark Sucker

It's been pretty dry on the dating apps as of late, in the sense that people are swiping but nothing is actually happening. Maybe that's why todays' post comes as a surprise. I had an actual conversation! On a dating app! Can you believe it? I'm honestly quite surprised. It came from Coffee Meets Bagel no less! I suppose I should have expected that considering Tinder and Bumble are quite dead for me at the moment. No matter though. Let's talk about the fun stuff!







Due to using Bumble more than anything else I’ve grown use to being forced to start the conversation after matching with someone on the dating apps. Of course at least Bumble provides some conversation starters so it is easier. I prefer for the guy to start the conversation, something about having the courage to actually make an effort makes a difference for me. Jimmy had a unique approach and question that I can honestly say I’ve never been asked before so I appreciate it.
I must say I was surprised Jimmy actually used #YOLO as a response but I can appreciate it. It’s sort of the approach I take to things in a non-ironic way. Don’t get me started on how overused it was but it is true. Jimmy’s answer of saying he wants to reduce conflict and make things better was quite a different take for me to read. I don’t think I’ve ever read or even heard a guy say that! Saying he wants to be financially independent isn’t too surprising, considering I think most everyone would love to have that.
Jimmy’s honesty in saying he can get too caught up in his goal was refreshing if only because it’s one of those “bad traits” to have that can also be a positive. I understand missing out on things because of being too caught up, because I imagine since it’s happened to me it has happened to everyone. Either way Jimmy didn’t even give me a chance to answer what my dreams are before he said he thought we’d be cool friends. As you can see the conversation has been rather short and lasted less than an hour when Jimmy decides that we should be friends due to our goals. I suppose he’s definitely not the one if he doesn’t like to travel, considering I don’t need any guy trying to hold me down or stop me from doing what I enjoy. Guess it's better to save my time instead of waste it. What do you all think about Jimmy? Let me know in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment