Saturday, October 23, 2021

Tinder - They/Them Confusion

I saw a conversation that I just had to share with you all. It made me laugh a little too hard. Probably because the messages I've been getting on the dating apps myself have been so dull and lackluster. I should just say that the conversations aren't actually happening as the guys just immediately try to make things sexual or just don't reply. Fun times are always to be had with online dating. Anyway, let me share this funny with you and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Peter thought that complimenting her for being sexy as fuck even for being a schizophrenic was the right approach. What does that even mean? Why did his brain think that was the best way to go about things? Couldn't he have just called her beautiful and sexy? I know that's rather bland and boring but still it's better than mentioning schizophrenia. Even just reading that first line makes me aware that she likely didn't even list that on her profile. 

Peter didn't think to Google agender? Or they/them pronouns? He just assumed it meant she was more than one person and jumped to schizophrenia? I just can't with this. I get that he just got out of a six year relationship so he doesn't understand the terminology and it's all new but still! He has the internet! He has the technology. You can do a Google search or even check Urban Dictionary if you're worried about what sort of results you might get. I mean, there are options.

I still just can't stop laughing. I don't know how they/them pronouns is that big of a thing that one would assume it means schizophrenia. Also how does someone not know about pronouns? I mean, even my own parents are aware of people stating their pronouns and although they might not fully understand it that know what it means. Either way I hope you all enjoyed this conversation like I did. Stay tuned for more nonsense that is likely to come and let me know what you think in the comments below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment