Saturday, October 30, 2021

Coffee Meets Bagel - Emotional Baggage

Well today we have a profile that clearly serves to confuse me. Maybe some of you will understand it but I just don't get it. Do guys just think their ab pictures will overshadow everything else that is listed in their profile? If that was the case why do they even bother writing in anything to fill out their profile? Or maybe they're just testing the potential matches to see what will and won't get them attention. Anyway, let's get to the profile.

 


For the sake of this post we're going to call this guy Robbie. So Robbie is 40 years old and works in logistics. He didn't bother to capitalize his job title and added some ellipsis. What does that even mean? It just seems suspicious to me for whatever reason. Like is it supposed to be a guessing game? I have to try and figure out if it is actually logistics or if he's just pranking me for whatever reason.

The fact that Robbie says he's a little slow is funny to me just because I assume he's just making fun of himself for still being single at the age of 40. On top of that he doesn't have kids and he's never been married. Now, I don't particularly care or mind that he's older and hasn't been married or had kids. It's one of those things where some people say that should be a red flag but I tend to assume it just means he never found someone who he really vibed with enough to get to that point. I mean, I know plenty of people who focused on their careers instead of relationships. How am I going to fault that? Especially when there are a lot of younger guys on the dating apps who already have multiple kids from multiple women. That's more of a red flag to me. Of course, that's just me so to each their own.

Robbie kept it basic with his likes of reading, exercising, traveling, and socializing. I'm pretty sure I haven't met anyone who hates all of those things. It's not really making him stand out and it gives me nothing to truly ask about. It's just generic and will likely result in him answering a question about his favorite book, place to travel, or fitness routine. From there he probably won't ask me my favorite and that will be the end of that.

Now this is the part that confuses me the most. Robbie says that he appreciates when his date is needy and has a lot of emotional baggage. I want to say that this is just a joke, like him saying he's a little slow, but at the same time that just seems weird. Even if he is being sarcastic why bother choosing this question to answer? On the app you can choose which questions you want displayed on your profile and answer them. If he was just joking or going to be sarcastic at least give me a hint. Or maybe he really is serious and wants some drama in his life just to give him something to talk about.

I'm not quite sure but either way this profile is really quite dull to me. I mean, congrats for having an ab picture Robbie but you aren't quite that interesting. What do you all thing? Am I being too harsh or would you give Robbie a chance? Let me know what you think in the comments below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment