Monday, July 4, 2022

Tinder - Captive in a Hole

Sometimes on the dating apps, I'm amazed by the profiles that one can come across. I feel this entire blog is filled with plenty of profiles that really make me go, "Wow, this is what I have to choose from?" If anything it helps to solidify that being single isn't that bad. For some reason I feel like I've seen them all, but then of course someone comes along that has a profile that really makes you pause and think. 


For the sake of this post we're going to call the girl Claire and really, I just don't understand. Is this any sort of turn on to guys? I know it is in reference to Hannibal Lecter. I get it. But it's not funny? It's not that intriguing? Or is it meant to be a talking point of "oh yes, take me captive and make my skin into a leather jacket." Would this actually work? I mean, I just don't get it.

Have I been using the dating apps wrong? Maybe I should try this sort of description and then I'll get more messages! That or I might get even more weird and creepy messages that I won't know what to do with. I feel like this would solicit a lot of dick pics, which is not something I'm interested in. But if that is what Claire is after, good for her I guess.

Apparently I'm on Tinder and dating apps in general for the wrong reasons if it's not to hold someone captive under my house. Then again, I don't have a house. So good for Claire actually having a house! Which reminds me that a lot of guys are very proud to list that they have a home, as if that proves that they are a grown man and are successful. Please keep in mind that many of them are just renting a house and don't actually own it so it's not the flex they think it is.

Anyway, what do you all think of Claire's profile? Should I try a similar on my own? Or would I just be inviting even more nonsense? Then again, it might just be fun as long as I can avoid any unsolicited pictures. Let me know in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment