Sunday, February 7, 2021

The League - League Live

Well, I've finally done it everyone! I managed to make it onto the League Live list and actually get chosen to have matches for a video chat! Now, I've been on the list plenty of times before, even cracking the top 100 out of thousands but still didn't get the chance to try out the video chat dating. I thought it was all about first come first serve in terms of signing up but apparently not. I think it's partially because I'm not a paying member, since I got in for free but it's not my fault I'm not paying for their app. It's not like it's given me any matches, save for Mr. F. but I feel we are all well aware and over that story. So, let's talk about my experience using League Live for the first time!



This is what the page looks like to get on the list. As you can see tonight I was 36 out of 6,318 people on the guest list. You can tap to get "priority access" but that of course means paying for the app, which I'm not about to do. So, what's League Live you're asking? It's basically like speed dating on the app. What happens is you can get on the list and then open the app at 9pm on Sundays and Wednesdays to see if you're chosen to enter the pool of others and get matched up. When you match with someone you get to have a 3 minute live video conversation with one another. It will give a question to help get the conversation flowing and show you the person's profile with the usual stats of their age, where they live, what they do for work, and all that fun stuff.

So, like I said tonight was my first time actually being able to enter that pool of people. It gave me a loading screen saying to give them up to 3 minutes to match me with someone. Right now they're doing a promo where if you get on the League Live over the next 3 possible times you'll get additional people to choose from in your regular batch of possible matches, which is only 3 per day. It's to help make sure you're less lonely for Valentine's Day, or something along those lines was their advertising. I don't really care about being alone on Valentine's Day but that's a conversation for another day. Either way, I figured this would make things easier to get more possible matches because they're trying to promote their League Live aspect of the app.

Now, let's get on to the video chats. I got a grand total of THREE guys to talk to. That was it. And it was at random with matching me up with a long load screen time. Those three minutes felt like forever to be honest. Let's get on to the guys. I'm just going to keep it basic and number them because that's easier.

Guy #1 - The system matched us and we were both a bit confused at first, admitting that it was both our first time doing League Live. The video screen was small unless you swiped to the right square on the profile that was on display and the conversation starter was on the screen for a moment before disappearing. Guy #1 was nice, based in California, and we talked about the Super Bowl and how the parties were different this year because of COVID. I was relieved to at least know he was taking COVID seriously as he spoke of only getting together with close family to stay safe. He then referred back to the conversation starter of how his friends would describe him and he said they would say he's full of dry wit sarcasm. I thought that was fine since I can be the same at times and mentioned my friends would describe me as honest. It was hard to focus on his video when his profile was there and I was attempting to read it at the same time. I realized a lot of his photos were old, which was a bit suspicious to me because he did look a little different but nothing drastic like a cat fish. Then our time was up!


Guy #2 - I was a little more use to the setup now with having done one video chat before. He was currently on his way back to Vegas from California, stopped on the side of the road in his car to chat with his League Live possibilities. I told him that he was clearly very dedicated. We also talked about the Super Bowl as he explained he was visiting ex-military friends in Cali and just went away for the weekend to be somewhere else. He then started talking about how he was mad the Chiefs didn't win and that he didn't care for The Weeknd's halftime performance (strike one in my book). He then asked for my thoughts on the game and I said the Chiefs gave it away with their defense lacking and offense unable to really make any plays that lead them to scoring points. I realized that Guy #2 had his height listed as 5'10" which of course meant strike two in my book. I don't think he liked me saying that about his team but I wasn't lying so no regrets. Guy #2 then ended the video call with me, which definitely wasn't upsetting. 


Guy #3 - Not gonna lie, he was cute and was able to hold a conversation with me! With the other two I kind of had to probe and ask questions because of course all the guys who I possibly can talk to don't know how to have a conversation. Guy #3 was also based in California but he was tall, 6'3" which I would believe if I saw it in person but whatever. He started off saying that he loved to travel but hadn't been able to travel to an exotic place (suggested conversation starter) due to COVID but he had been to Vegas. I asked if my living in Vegas counted as an exotic trip and he laughed saying that he thought it did. I told him that I was supposed to travel last summer but of course couldn't because of COVID. He then shared that he wanted to go back to Germany because he had gone while in college but there were a ton of rules so he didn't really get to do a lot. A message popped up asking if I wanted to continue talking to him, I guess our time was running out, and I tapped yes. 30 seconds were added to the clock and we then talked about our professions. He was a truck driver and after saying that he ended the call. 


Now I'm not too sure what to think but if I'm being honest I liked Guy #3 the best out of the bunch but he did end the video call so I don't know what that means. Maybe he was embarrassed to say that he was a truck driver? I just don't know. Either way I'm a bit annoyed that none of my possible matches were actually in Vegas or taller than myself. I am glad that I haven't paid a dime for the app since it clearly can't deliver. I know it's probably just bigger in different cities back east or wherever I don't live and I'm not looking for long distance dating at the moment. Either way it was an experience to say the least.

I'm probably going to attempt it again this Wednesday and even this Sunday. Maybe my Prince Charming is still out there just hiding from me, waiting for the time to be closer to Valentine's Day for some odd reason. I know I don't think the 3 minutes was enough time to really have a conversation but I'm curious as to what do you all think? Was my choice for Guy #3 being the favorite right or are you siding with Guy #2 not appreciating The Weeknd or maybe I was a little harsh on Guy #1? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment