Thursday, May 9, 2019

Bumble - Hypothetical Douchebag

Ah Bumble. Never a dull moment on that app. It's been a while since I swiped but I figured I could make another attempt just to see what I got. So today I present to you a profile of someone who I think doesn't quite know what they mean, or maybe we're all hypothetical and I'm just unaware of it.






Surprise, an ab picture. Not even surprising at this point really. I feel like a lot of the usual suspects on Tinder have started to migrate over to Bumble and are taking it over. What dating app will be left for people who are actually looking for a serious relationship instead of a hook up? Guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out more.

So Drew is cocky enough to act like you need to add him on Snapchat or Instagram since he does not swipe. So why even make the profile Drew? Are you just trying to collect more followers so the inflated numbers inflate your ego as well? That's all I can think of. There's no possible way Drew could be in to me if he doesn't swipe because that means he's never seen me. Just another attempt to act like he knows you and cares.

I get the double standard when it comes to guys posting ab/dick pics on dating apps as compared to girls who post cleavage shots but at the same time I take it as the big sign that the person is more into their looks and is looking for someone who wants the same. This circles back to the whole deal of people looking for hook ups compared to people looking for a serious relationship. But hey, to each their own.

I have learned that I might be a hypothetical douchebag for slightly judging Drew for having an ab picture. Not that I have any cleavage of bikini shots on my profile but I do find that sentiment kind of funny. I think he meant hypocritical but at the same time I don't want to put words in his mouth. I guess he'll just have to get around to swiping to actually talk to someone who may correct him at some point but for now I'll just post it on the internet.

What do you all think of Drew? Does it bother you when guys post saying to follow them on Snapchat and Instagram or do you find that to be just fine? Let me know in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment