Friday, November 12, 2021

Coffee Meets Bagel - Lost Jesus

You know how some people just don't seem to be on the right kind of dating app? I mean, some people aren't looking for something long term or serious and yet they're on an app that is all about that. Or vice versa if you will. I feel like they're just wasting people's time by being on the app that isn't going to cater to what they're after. There's literally a dating app all about dating farmers so surely there are plenty more for each of those specifics that people are looking into. Today's guy probably should just try Christian Mingle but let's get into it.


To start with I can't help but laugh because this guy, who we'll call Christian, has one of his profile pictures as him with angel wings. I mean, they look like the kind of wings from a very legit costume from Halloween or maybe even a cosplayer made them. I guess it would be worse if they were just photoshopped onto his back but that would be even more hilarious. Nothing like wearing all white with angel wings on your back to prove that you think you're an angel who needs to teach everyone about Jesus in order to save them.

Christian really just needs to get on a dating app or website that helps super religious people find each other. Maybe I'm a terrible person but the fact that he is a youth pastor is kind of a turn off to me. I don't care much for religion in the first place but the fact that he chose to make that his career kind of blows my mind. He clearly isn't in it for the money, or maybe I just don't know enough and pastors secretly make bank. But to do that all day and everyday just seems like too much. It would be so draining to constantly put on the façade of things being fine because you're all about Jesus and he can fix anything and everything. Maybe I'm being cynical but basing your relationship on whether or not you both want to convert people to Jesus sounds messed up. Isn't that a cult?

I wonder how sarcastic and silly Christian can be considering he's all about bringing others to Jesus. I thought religion was a serious business so there's no time for fun and games there. The same goes for his jokes because I feel like I would counter with "What would Jesus do?" all the time just to mess with him. Then again at one point I had a friend say, "I wish Jesus would tell me he loved me." and I countered with, "Well Jesus doesn't love you so that's too bad." 

I imagine he wants his date to be flexible because he may have to cancel things or call things off because he is a youth pastor so if there's a youth member having a crisis he would be the one to respond. I wonder if he wants his date to be bold enough to take initiative because he wants to see if the girl would be the one willing to bring up religion and convert others so he can take a break.

All in all this profile is a no from me. I think Christian needs to find a female pastor (if that's a thing) and they could be perfect together basing their relationship on the fact that they both want to help people find Jesus. Does anything in this profile stand out to you or make you want to message him? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment