Saturday, August 24, 2019

Bumble - The Dream

As I told you last week for now I'm back on Bumble just seeing what happens. I still have a notification of 50+ possible matches but no matter how much I swipe it doesn't seem to disappear. I've been chatting and matching with a few guys but sadly throughout the week they've slowly disappeared. That was expected though because as we all know at this point I don't have any sort of high hopes for these guys. Today I have a profile that makes me question why there isn't a filter to hide such a mess.



WHY ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE MARRIED USING A DATING APP? IS THERE NOT A DATING APP FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE MARRIED AND LOOKING TO ADD SOMEONE ELSE? OR EVEN ONE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE CHEATING? I KNOW THERE WAS A WHOLE WEBSITE DEDICATED TO THAT! I DO NOT WANT ANY PART OF THIS SORT OF SITUATION. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. 

I have said this before and I will say it again. I'm not here to get with a married guy who wants to cheat or just have a side fling. His profile even states that he doesn't know what he's looking for! It's the bit next to the magnifying glass. I can only assume this guy maybe has an open relationship since he claims that he "is living the dream and happily married" but I just don't understand it. Have I missed the memo regarding this new trend? This is now what dating apps have to offer? Maybe I should inform my married friends and family members that if they were truly happy they would put themselves out there by making a profile on a dating app. Then we could really have some fun to see what sort of matches they get.

Anyway, that's not the point of this post. I can only imagine the hassle of just trying to run that nonsense and trying to understand the mentality of someone interested in that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong, to each their own, but isn't there a better way to find that sort of thing? I mean, at this point we do have the technology so anything can happen.

I'm just curious if anyone else is running into these sort of profiles? Is there a filter that I'm missing that helps to sort out people who are married? Bumble gives two filters for free so I set the height filter and the non-smoking filter because those are the two most important things to me. I don't know that I'm committed enough to pay for the app to make it easier just to sort through all the guys who have all ready liked me and then go from there. Does anyone actually pay for the Bumble app? I'm curious and need to know if you think it's worth it.

Anyway, I am glad that Bobby at least put it in his profile and made it apparent. I would rather know straight up what I'm getting into rather than just find out by surprise later. I'll give him that one point I suppose. At least I was able to avoid it. What do you all think? Let me know in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment