Saturday, May 29, 2021

Coffee Meets Bagel - Can I Have Sex?

I have been texting and Facetiming a guy for a little while now but it seems our work schedules don't want us to get together face to face. Such is life at the moment but anyway I thought I'd share a conversation with you that truly just made me face palm. 🤦‍♀️ It seems that there are still plenty of guys who don't know what sort of first message to send but thankfully the response makes it well worth it! 


I love this Godfather reference just because honestly on the dating apps a lot of guys mention it as their favorite movie, so surely they get this reference. I truly can't stand the audacity of this guy to ask if he can have sex with this poor girl. The hookup culture is bleeding over from Tinder to other dating apps, which isn't surprising but still more of a nuisance than it should be.


I'm so proud of this response but I honestly wonder if the guy ever even replied to this. Sadly we don't see the read receipt so we just don't know if he saw it but I am certain this was not the answer he expected. What also worries me is the fact that I'm 100% sure that the guy send this as his first message, his introduction if you will. Does he honestly think this will work? I mean, I can't even imagine a guy walking up to me in person and saying that. What makes him think that he should do this and that it will receive a positive response?


Basically this guy needs to go along with any guys who send something like this as a first message. Like unless it is very obvious in the profile that both people are looking to just hookup don't send this kind of message. Or even better, step up your game because surely you can do better than this. Can't you be a little unique or original? Or are we past that point and it's never going to happen?

What do you all think? Am I just overanalyzing this or are you as annoyed or bored by this as I am? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment