Saturday, October 20, 2018

Tinder - Acceptable Proof of Height

If you've used the dating apps for long enough you know plenty of guys lie about their height. Now, most people probably don't care about that. What's wrong with adding an inch or two? Isn't that was girls do when they wear heels? Well, let me tell you that as a tall girl this is more of an annoyance than anything else. Don't lie about your height because it does matter to me. If you don't list it in your profile, I automatically swipe left and assume you're short. Today thanks to Sarah we have a guy demonstrating the best way to prove your height.




We're going to call this guy Chad, because why not? I don't know you Chad but you are doing things well. I wish every guy would post a picture like this, next to something proving how tall they are. I've met far too many guys from the dating apps who are actually shorter than me, which just puts a damper on everything. Don't tell me you're 6'4" only for us to meet and you're 5'7" because trust me, I'm not playing that game.

I think I've discussed this before but as a tall girl height matters to me. I don't know how to accurately explain how unattractive a shorter guy is to me. Don't get me wrong, you have guys like Oscar Isaac and Josh Hutcherson walking around and they are attractive. Sadly when I discover they're even an inch or two shorter than me it is an immediate turn off. Like, yes you're cute but I'm not going to be in a romantic relationship with you.

I get that plenty of people are like "don't judge a book by it's cover" or "that's such a weird thing to be picky about" but that's honestly how it is. Sorry, not sorry, but I want a tall guy. I know they're out there. Why some are choosing to be with a girl who is 5'2" is beyond me and definitely their own personal choice. I have my own "tall man theory" about that one but again, it's all about preference. Tall guys may want a shorter girl and that's fine, go get here if she wants you. But to the short guys who want a tall girl make sure that she wants you too. I've only met one woman in my life who was attracted to a guy much shorter than her and hey, that's love so kudos.

I actually showed up to a date one time and the guy was a few inches shorter than me. It was an immediate turn off and a double whammy because then I knew he was a liar. He was saying that he was taller on a dating app to try and get more girls. The date really didn't go well from there because he also was a one upper but he started off on the wrong foot. That was on him. I legitimately say in my profile "I'm 5'10" so you need to be tall" so I'm not being sneaky about it. You may argue that no one reads the profiles but then that's their problem, not mine considering I do.

What do you all think? Do you like the way that Chad proved his height on the dating app? Do you think that should be a thing most guys do in order to prove it? Also, does anyone else find height to be important or are you of the opinion that it shouldn't matter? Let me know in the comments below.


No comments :

Post a Comment