Saturday, June 20, 2020

Coffee Meets Bagel - No Hike?

We all know there are those guys who can't hold a conversation, or perhaps just don't know how to say something that isn't weird or just rude. Today we have an example of the opposite! I mean, we had a fairly good conversation going in my opinion. Granted, the messages were a bit spaced out because I was busy dealing with work and life, but it was going. Anyway, let me show you what I'm talking about.





Ray starts off well. He's talking about something I listed on my profile, which is running. I mean, it may be hard to run now that summer has hit so the weather is hitting 100+ degrees outside but that's just how it is. Normal. The funny thing is that even if you wake up earlier it's still in the 80's. Anyway, let's continue.


Yet another bonus point for Ray! He asks about hiking, which is another interest of mine! Now of course due to COVID-19 a lot of the trails here in Vegas are closed, or rather the usual spots. I mean, you can just go out and walk around in the desert and make it a "hike" if you so desire but that's not exactly the same thing. Either way, it's great that he's asking about different trails because it sounds like maybe it's something we could do together!


Ray, you were doing so great. You were answering questions and asking me some. You even extended the chat so you were clearly interested! Then you just went silent. I mean, would it have been so hard to say "let's go for a hike some time?" because we easily could social distance and wear masks while doing that if needed. I mean, I would have been fine with that. Did you just stop talking because you didn't care about the national parks? Is that what did it? 

Maybe it was because I wasn't replying immediately, which sorry not sorry but I had life going on. I still have to work so I don't get to spend all my time on the phone. I mean, could that really be the reason considering he extended the chat with me? We may never know since I don't think I'll be hearing from Ray again. It's not as if we exchanged phone numbers or anything.

What do you all think of Ray? To be quite honest I'm a bit disappointed because I thought something might actually happen. I feel like hiking is an easy enough common interest and makes it easy to think of something to do for a first date. But Ray just decided to stop talking completely. Anyway, let me know your thoughts in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment