Saturday, February 15, 2020

Hinge - No Strings Attached

It's been a while since I've said anything about using the Hinge dating app. I mean I only have one post about it so far so it's not all bad I suppose. I certainly get enough ads for it on social media saying it is the dating app made to be deleted. To be honest most of the guys who do send a like or a message just aren't very worthwhile in my humble opinion. So when I got a message from a guy who I invited to chat I was a little excited, until I wasn't.




Well Tommy, I appreciate you being straightforward and honest in your first message telling me that you're only looking to meet and hook up. However if you really valued my time you would have put on your profile that you were looking for hookups and wouldn't have even swiped right on me because I clearly outline that I'm not looking to hookup. Or maybe you're just too lazy to actually read a profile and went based off of my photos alone. Should I find that flattering or even more annoying? I'm pretty sure it's the latter at this point.

Also I'm a little bothered that Tommy is on his way to Denver, meaning he wasn't even going to be in Vegas that long. Was he at the airport swiping out of boredom during his layover? If so does that mean he was just hoping to match with someone, make them drive out to meet him at a hotel near the airport, then hookup and be on his way? Maybe I'm too naive or old fashioned but that doesn't really make much sense to me. Like why even bother with that? No matter, I ended up messaging back that I wasn't interested and then ended the chat.

Is this going to be my new wave of messages on dating apps? Guys just passing through Vegas swiping right on everyone in order to hookup before leaving? I mean, I suppose that's a thing to have on your bucket list or have considered an adventure (to each their own) but I just don't get it. I thought we all established that Tinder was for hooking up. Guess people will try the same on multiple platforms hoping for different results. What do you all think of Tommy? Let me know in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment