Saturday, August 15, 2020

Coffee Meets Bagel - Extended

Well it's been a while since I've swiped on Coffee Meets Bagel but to be honest Bumble and Tinder are a little overwhelming right now in the sense that there are so many guys to swipe on but it just seem so redundant and nothing is happening. I figured I might as well try something else just to give myself a break, especially since Coffee Meets Bagel doesn't give me more than a handful of guys every 24 hours. Lately I've had quite a few matches and I've started a few of the conversations, since the app rewards you for messaging first and some of these guys apparently still don't know how to have a conversation. Today we have Zack, who seems to like things extended...




Now, for those of you who don't remember once you match with someone on Coffee Meets Bagel it allows either person to start the conversation. It even will give you a little suggestion message of "Ask them about _____" because of something that you've filled out in your profile. Which is easy enough and makes it so you can remember what they were interested in without having to refer back to their profile and trying to figure out what they might want to talk about. 

Zack started off on the right foot, asking about which waterfall one of my pictures was at and if I enjoyed hiking. I answered and then asked him what some of his favorite hikes are. After that, no response. He has now not responded for more than a week and yet he keeps extending the chat! In order to extend the chat it costs 200 beans! The app rewards you with beans for swiping on people so it can be pretty hard to save up beans when you only get a handful of people to swipe on every day. Unless you pay for the app of course but why would anyone do that?

I'm not quite sure why Zack keeps extending the chat when he's not even responding to my question! What more could he possibly have to say? Is he just trying to say that he's still interested? If so wouldn't that mean he would answer my question about his favorite hike? Or just change the subject completely because that's honestly an option after a whole week of not talking. Now I'm tempted just to send an emoji and see if I get a response because the app keeps giving me this notification about him extending the chat. What a waste of his beans! You only get like 30 beans so he must have a lot saved up or he's just paying for the app and wasting them as he pleases.

What do you all think? Don't you find it a bit odd that Zack keeps extending the chat without actually saying anything? Or does his simple gesture of extending the chat mean he's saying something and I'm just not able to figure out what that is? Let me know what you think in the comments down below and I'll keep you posted as to whether or not he responds to my emoji response. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment