Saturday, August 22, 2020

OkCupid - Trust Me

Well Becky aka @tothaground had this lovely conversation happen while on swiping on the dating app. It's kind of ridiculous how some people just tend to lead off on the wrong foot. I mean, there's a difference between doing it on accident and doing it completely on purpose, which is what the following guy has done. You can't tell me otherwise because I just won't believe you. 



Do men really think it’s a joke to bring up morning sex in the first message? I mean, in the last blog post about the average guy want an above average girl someone tried to tell me it was a joke but it did not come off as a joke to me. These guys need to take their so called jokes elsewhere and try them on friends and get the laughs from there. Sharing them on a dating app can’t possibly be getting them many connections because it’s just ridiculous. Becky swiftly points out there were so many other things he could have asked about but it’s typical for him to ask about sex. Truly he should have just asked what her drink of choice was and how her week was going. If he had stopped there maybe he would have had a chance.

This dude is trying to blame “the guy in him” which is just ridiculous. Really? That’s the best you got? Well the shark in me wants to devour you so I never have to deal with you again. Is that a possibility? If he really was more than just that he could have easily brought up anything he literally mentioned in that paragraph of text to talk to her about! Like favorite part of the game, what resonated to him about Joe Biden, his favorite sushi place, favorite plot or character on The Mandalorian, etc. Is it truly this hard to have a conversation without immediately mentioning sex?

Here’s my thought guys. if you are going to have a conversation with a stranger and you like them, maybe pretend that your mom or dad is listening in. I mean, I know it’s a strange thought to have but I imagine most of you wouldn’t mention sex in front of your mom, especially not when you’ve only just started conversing with them. Truly the problem is that so many people just don’t think before the speak, or even type in this case. First impressions matter, especially on dating apps, so of course this one fell short. What’s the point in wasting any more time talking to him?

What do you all think? Was it truly just “the guy in him” or was he just being the douchebag I imagine him to be? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment