Sunday, November 19, 2017

JSwipe - Be Your Slave

Today I have a new dating app to talk to you about! I always knew that there were different religion based dating apps but I never thought much of them. That's mostly because I'm not super religious and if anything I worried that I'd get some super religious guy that I wouldn't really relate to. The last thing I want on a dating app is to have someone try to convert me to their beliefs. Or with the way the world is going I'd get some religious fanatic who would be just as crazy as most of the other guys I've talked to. In short JSwipe is set up like Tinder but the profiles are more geared to someone who is Jewish. It's all thanks to Becca that we have today's gem.



Becca kindly gave me permission to share her profile from JSwipe so you can all see what it looks like. It's pretty basic and similar to Tinder with having a picture, a name, age, and an about me. I guess the only real difference is having a portion filled out with how kosher and Jewish one is. That's simple enough because I'm sure on a religion based dating app you want to find someone who is as dedicated as you are. I can only imagine how hard it would be to find someone with the exact same religious values as you while on something like Tinder. It seems that no one lists much of anything on there that is relevant or important.


Becca went in straight for the truth. She matched with Jeremy and asked him what he was looking for on the app. That's a fair question and I've had a lot of people send me different videos that have people asking that question first. Some responses have been deep with answers about finding a real relationship while others are more geared towards wanting a hookup or booty call. It's all fair game in my opinion so long as the answer is honest. I can never bash someone for that. The fact that Jeremy says he wants to be Becca's slave is concerning though. Like, I had to read that line twice just to make sure I read it correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I know I wish I had a maid to clean up the house after me so I can go about using my precious time to do more fun and interesting things but I wouldn't say I want a slave. That sounds like something more geared towards S&M, which isn't exactly my cup of tea. I can't even begin to guess if Jeremy thought that it would be funny to say that on a Jewish dating app because last week we had the guy thinking that being Harvey Weinstein was something to joke about. There are people with a sense of humor that I just don't understand and lately it has come from a lot of men who think they're funny but really just don't understand what is and isn't appropriate to say.

I'm curious about what you all think. Would you be bothered by someone responding with being your slave to what they are honestly looking for on a dating app? I mean, if you weren't bothered by that how would you continue the conversation from there? Just by saying yes or is there some sort of flirty reply that works perfectly in this situation? Or do you think it's some sort of joke that maybe went over my head because I'm not Jewish? Let me know what you think in the comments below! (:

No comments :

Post a Comment