Friday, July 20, 2018

Tinder - "Dating Coach"

I always laugh when I see a profile that says they are a dating coach. Is it bad that I find it amusing that people think saying they are a dating coach means they will have a better chance of scoring a date? That clearly isn't the case as far as I'm concerned and honestly what would be the point in matching? I'm certain they wouldn't have much better tips than the ones that I give here on my blog for free. So take note dating coaches, I'm coming for your job because it really shouldn't even need to be a thing. Common sense just isn't that common.






You match with someone and once the conversation gets going then inevitably the subject of getting together to meet face to face comes up. That makes total sense. However, for someone who claims to be a dating coach to suggest the first meeting to be at their house seems a bit insane. I'm sorry, I have no clue who you are! I'm not just going to go over to your house without a care in the world because that clearly would be yet another sign of insanity. Honestly how could a dating coach even suggest that? Wouldn't they understand that people want a safe space for a first encounter? Clearly this guy hasn't had many first dates.

I don't care if the guy lives in a super fancy mansion because I am only meeting someone for the first time in a public place. Not going to lie, I want witnesses around. I don't need some psycho murdering me the first time I meet them. I hate to say it like that but there are some real weirdos out there and I'm not going to leave it up to chance for me to meet them and be able to get out if the situation goes poorly.

I love how this guy immediately does a 180 at the response of never in a million years going to his house for a first date. How is he going to say he doesn't do dates any more? I thought he was a dating coach? Surely someone can't say that they are a dating coach if they don't actually go on dates. To then say that one is no longer a prospect is just sad and pathetic. There was clearly a match and a conversation happening that led to the idea of meeting up. Just come up with a new idea for a first date like grabbing a drink or coffee. It really isn't that hard. I am laughing at the fact that he isn't willing to get off the couch to meet someone. Does that mean if someone were to come to his house he wouldn't even open the door? Talk about being absolutely lazy. 

What do you all thing of this supposed dating coach? Would you be willing to go over to a stranger's house for a first meeting or date? If yes let me know why in the comments down below because I am curious. I feel like no matter what safe guards you may feel you have in place it won't protect against everything that could go wrong. If not do you agree with my reasoning or have some more of your own?


No comments :

Post a Comment