Sunday, July 8, 2018

Tinder - You've Got A Friend In Me

As I mentioned on Twitter I am visiting a friend and decided to have them download a few of the dating apps that I've been using. I was thinking that since she lives somewhere else maybe she would get different results than myself. To start off with I had her download Tinder and let's just say after a few swipers I wasn't terribly surprised by what she saw but she was definitely a bit horrified. Warning, your childhood may be ruined.






As some of you may recall I did find that one funny guy on Tinder who used Kermit the Frog in their profile. They did it in a fun way that made it super easy to start a conversation. This had the opposite effect, at least in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Woody. I love Toy Story. All of the movies are fantastic. If they kept making Toy Story movies you can bet anything that I will be in line and sitting among a bunch of little kids just to watch it. The images for this profile however are something I want to remove from my eyes and brain. 

My poor friend was so confused at first, thinking that someone had messed up on their profile and put the wrong pictures. Instead I had to tell her that no, this was done on purpose. For whatever reason, someone thought this was funny or worthwhile. She asked me who would swipe right on such a profile and I told her that I honestly had no idea. This doesn't exactly scream, "OMG A POTENTIAL FIRST DATE IS DEFINITELY HAPPENING WITH THIS STRANGER!" Maybe for some people it does and I'm just completely unaware.

I know what a Woody doll looks like, because the third picture is definitely more accurate and my cute cousins had the whole set of toys from the movie. The person who made this Woody profile clearly took the head and put it on some other action figure. Which one I'm not truly sure and at this point I don't really want to know. I mean, is this a hobby of some sort that I'm aware of? Switching the bodies and heads of dolls? I know some kids used to rip off their Barbie doll heads and Sid in Toy Story actually did make some super creepy creations by ripping toys apart... 

What do you all think? Is this the sort of profile you would swipe right on or want to see? Is it funny or amusing to you? Let me know what you think in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment