Saturday, August 25, 2018

Bumble - No Dog Pic

As I mentioned before my friend has been using Bumble for the first time and showing me some of her possible matches that she has gotten. Even though she isn't in Vegas it certainly proves interesting how guys seem to be on the same page when it comes to how they decide to fill out their profiles. One would think that it is a good practice to put their best foot forward when it comes to trying to meet someone new or even possibly date them, right? Well, today Eli is showing us how not to do that.






Eli is off to a rough start by saying that he probably isn't our type. How would he know that? Is he not anyone's type? I mean, I would understand if he were to say "oh I'm gay so I'm definitely not your type" because I'm a woman but then if that were the case why is he swiping for girls on Bumble? That just makes no sense. So to come off stating that he isn't your type seems like a bit of a challenge doesn't it? Like, just egging you on to try him and see if you can find some common ground before seeing if you could possibly hit it off. Isn't that a bit too much work though? He clearly isn't putting a lot of effort into this dating app so why should you?

Liking Harley's and black coffee isn't a major deal breaker. I'm just surprised he finds those two things important to share. Is Eli suggesting having a coffee date? Or riding motorcycles? Or is he in a motorcycle gang? Too many questions are emerging but if he's not my type why make the effort to find out more? That seems to require too much effort at this point. Then again now he's just stated that he isn't looking for a relationship. WHY ARE YOU USING THIS APP ELI? If you aren't looking for a relationship get off Bumble. Or switch to BFF mode and try and find a new best friend. It really isn't that hard. Now Eli is just wasting everyone's time but making them swipe through and read his profile. Wait, could this be another challenge? Like, I'm not looking for a relationship and I'm not your type so let's see who is willing to put forth the effort kind of thing. Maybe I'm over thinking it just a bit but whatever. That's where my thoughts go.

How can Eli say that he wants to go on walks with a badass girl along with his dog and not post a picture of his dog? Isn't that illegal? How is one supposed to know whether or not they want to go hang out with someone if they've never seen their dog? Eli just seems to be setting it up to see who will reach out to him and I don't like it because it seems more like a waste of time than anything else if he isn't in fact looking for a relationship. To then say "let's be friends or not..." is such a waste because he could use Bumble BFF. It's easy to make the settings for guys and girls for BFF possibilities and that's clearly what he wants so why not do that? You're wasting my time and the time of others Eli.

What do you all think of Eli? Do you think he's a waste of time or do you think he just hopes to have more luck matching with a girl and finding a female best friend of sorts? Do you think it's lame that he didn't post a picture of his dog when he mentions it or is that normal? I thought guys knew that dogs are great conversation starters so having a picture definitely doesn't hurt. Let me know what you think in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment