Saturday, September 29, 2018

OkCupid - Fake Fan

I always find it interesting when people want you to prove that you're a "real" fan of something. As if knowing a bunch of background information or trivia means that you're any more of a fan than someone else. We all enjoy things in our own ways. I can't say I know every little detail when it comes to my favorite tv shows but I still enjoy them. People just enjoy things in different ways. Today there was a guy who thought that it was time to make a liar out of someone saying they liked anime or even video games.





The fact that this guy comes in messaging saying to name five animes with that are less than 24 episodes long is a bit ridiculous. I could not tell you how many episodes there are even in my favorite tv show. So how would it be possible to name my five favorites with such a criteria? That would easily take some time and effort to try and Google the information and figure out what to even respond back. Then to say list 5 that aren't on Netflix is more concerning because Netflix has picked up a lot of anime recently. Why would it be my fault that Netflix is figuring out that people enjoy anime and so they decided to stream it? Wouldn't that be good enough as a fan to know that others are enjoying the same shows I am?

Just messing with him by saying "you caught me, I'm a liar" clearly goes over his head as sarcasm. How would this guy even know? There's no point in even proving to him if he all ready thinks someone is out to "catch" him with their lies. So then when the topic of video games comes up I'm sure it isn't surprising that it is even more questions. Name a video game besides Mario. Wow, a person can't enjoy anything related to Mario even though it is a staple of Nintendo? This guy is really just limiting himself when it comes to video games if he can't let people enjoy what they want. The response of the Kim app for iPhone was of course jest because there's no way to take this guy seriously. How does he have a conversation with anyone? If he acts like people are liars and he can figure it out with his intense questioning I can't imagine anyone sticking around for long.

What do you all think of this guy? Is it just as ridiculous to you as it is to me that he thinks this is how you have a conversation with someone? I mean, I get wanting to know favorites but to then put stipulations on how you can choose your favorites is a bit much. Let me know in the comments below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment