Sunday, September 22, 2019

Argentina Hunger Games Part 3

I still can't believe that there is even a part 3 of this story, but the two lover boys have messaged me within the last 48 hours so now I worry it may never end. Keep in mind I was in Argentina back in July so that was at least two months ago. If you have no clue what I'm talking about be sure to go and read part one before heading over to part two so you know the fun that's happening. It will definitely help to make sense of the story. Now let's get to it.


George was the first to message after the empanada making endeavor. He asked where I was and immediately wanted to go and get ice cream with me. George obviously didn't understand that I all ready had the ice cream so I didn't need his help at all. He even tried to send a voice message asking if I understood him. The problem was that he just wasn't understanding that I wasn't madly in love with him and wanting him to be around all the time.


I think George was in cahoots with Mark because then I was getting messages from him about where I was and what I was doing. He also thought that because I mentioned ice cream he should say that he loves it too. Listen, if someone doesn't like ice cream then I am immediately suspicious of them, unless they are lactose intolerant but even then they are on thin ice. At least he understood that I was busy so he just sent the crying emoji... a lot.


I don't know why these boys thought that if I wanted ice cream I was just going to wait around for them to respond to me telling them so that we could go and get it together. If I want something I go and get it. Fairly simple. I don't wait for anyone really. What would have been the point anyway? I mean, now that I think about it maybe I could have had both show up to ice cream to see how they responded to the other arriving but I didn't have time to try and plot that sort of nonsense. Either way my friend and I were safe from the two as we had plenty of plans with her other friends that didn't involve the lover boys at all. Thank goodness.

Then I got a fairly weird message from George. He said something about stop job, which confused me. What job did I need to stop? Then he said something about accepting an appointment with him, which I took as a weird way for him to say that he wanted to take me on a date. That was not happening of course. Did he know that though? Not really.


That's when things got even more weird. George started sending voice messages to me. Parts of it were in English but other parts were in Spanish. Of course I enlisted my friend to help translate and we learned the truth. George didn't just want a date with me. George was telling me that I should quit my job in the US. That I should stay in Buenos Aires with him. That he loved me. That he would provide for me. Please remember that his job is working as a delivery boy for the Argentina equivalent of UberEats. I was extremely put off by his request in the first place but his tone just made it worse. It was more like he was commanding me to stay and be with him.

Listen, George's empanadas were good, but they weren't that good. What reasonable person would give up their friends, family, job, and everything for the equivalent of a stranger who they can barely communicate with? I suppose someone who was madly in love and not being reasonable but that just isn't me. I stopped responding to George's messages after that. Facebook Messenger gives read receipts so I refused to open the app. I didn't want him to know that I was in fact seeing his barrage of messages. I decided to ignore him because he was not taking a hint.

I felt bad for even having my friend translate the messages but she got a kick out of it. She teased me for barely knowing a guy and suddenly having him be in love with me. At least it wasn't that terrible Alfredo because we kicked him out of the picture so soon. Or rather he got himself kicked out for being a douchebag.

I didn't see either of the boys again before leaving Argentina. I can't say I'm even sad or sorry. I just didn't have time and honestly it seemed more of a disservice to try and hang out with them when I wasn't even interested. Could they take the hint? Not exactly and that didn't stop them from trying. Mark sent me a long voice message about how sad he was that he didn't get to see me again before I left and that he hoped I would be back again soon to visit him. Now why he thought I was going to come back just to visit him blew my mind just a bit. What made him so special that I would come back just for him? Clearly he's just a bit delusional.

While I was gone on my next traveling adventure I was still getting messages from George that I ignored. Mark on the other hand waited a while before finally sending a message. Mark seemed to assume something more was going on so he messaged me asking if I was in a relationship. I lied and said I had a boyfriend and he sent the following:




Mark took things to the next level too. He brings up marriage because in his mind (and probably anyone else's mind) it is the next step after being in a relationship for three years. Granted, it's with my fake made up boyfriend but he doesn't know that. Mark is sounding like he's trying to wedge his way in, like he's somehow a step up from my fake boyfriend because if he had me he would be ready to do anything. Even though I had said I wasn't worried in getting married he wants that for himself so that means I must want it too.

The fact that Mark is projecting himself into a relationship with me and telling me what he would do bothered me a bit. I barely knew Mark. He was one of the few people I could converse with while visiting Argentina because he actually spoke English. Does that make us soul mates? Of course not! Why did he think like that? Why are men (boys) like this? I've seen this strange mentality before where a guy thinks they can keep trying for you as long as you don't have a wedding ring on. Then again some guys still try when there is a wedding ring on the finger but I just don't get it.

What do you all think about George and Mark? Are you as blown away as I am that George told me to quit my job and just stay in Buenos Aires with him? Is it terrible that I made up a fake boyfriend just to get Mark to leave me alone? Or was that probably a good thing so I could see just how strange he is? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment