Saturday, May 9, 2020

OkCupid - Luckiest Cowboy

As some of you know from following me Twitter or just from my posts on here I do enjoy traveling and I get to travel quite a bit. I've mentioned before that I always like when someone on the dating apps asks me about traveling because it's a good conversation starter! There is so much to discuss when it comes to going new places and seeing new things because it's an actual conversation. Some places are well known and others not as well known so it's fun to learn new things. Today though I had a guy message me about my luck, which I didn't take too well.




I'm positive that I am not literally the luckiest person on Earth. Don't get me wrong, I too love using the phrase literally but that's for emphasis more than anything. One thing that bothers me about traveling is when people say that I am lucky. Honestly luck has nothing to do with it. I don't have any luck to travel. It takes hard word and lots of it. As we all know traveling isn't cheap because you have to worry about the airfare, transportation, and accommodations for where you're going to stay. Getting all that together takes time and planning and once again money. So it was a turn off when he said I was lucky to travel.

The only reason I could understand someone saying I'm lucky to travel is if I won some crazy lottery type deal that guaranteed me an amazing travel experience. Now that would be luck but I'm not the type of person to invest in some sort of lottery like that. I mean there are all ready plenty of scams that give you a phone call saying you've won a vacation to Disneyland or an all expense paid trip to to some other destination. I haven't fallen for one of those yet and don't plan to.

I get it, not everyone even wants to travel. To which I say, to each their own. But to only dream of traveling the world makes me wonder what's holding this Cowboy back. I mean, you can easily start small and just visit nearby states or cities and then branch out. It's not like I would go travel somewhere solo without any prior knowledge or even knowing the language! Like I said, I plan ahead and book things in advance so I know (hopefully) that I'll have an enjoyable time.

The other funny thing to me was that my compatibility or match percentage with Cowboy was barely 47% which isn't that good. It makes me wonder how he answered the get to know you sort of questions. Guess I probably won't bother to find out much more because he doesn't seem to be worth my time. #sorrynotsorry

What are your thoughts on Cowboy? Does this conversation starter make you feel special or does it sound a bit like he's reaching to give a compliment? Do you think I'm a bit ridiculous thinking travel isn't about luck or do you agree with the Cowboy and think that it is? Let me know what you think in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment