Saturday, May 2, 2020

Ok Cupid - Quote Book

Well it's been a while since we've seen anything from Ok Cupid. I suppose that's probably a good thing in the sense that maybe the people aren't there aren't as terrible or pathetic. Then again I just don't know what to think of half of the dating bios at this point. It seems plenty of people want to talk but not for very long. Either way, let's get on to today's profile!





Why is a quote the first thing that is sent to me in a conversation? Is this supposed to be some sort of conversation starter? I legit had to Google the name and I guess it's some boxer? But I am 100% certain that I made no mention of boxing on my dating profile so I have no correlation to this Sergio guy or anything he is about. Then again maybe I'm secretly a boxer and I just never knew it! Have I just been living a lie?

Either way first impressions are important. It's one thing to look at someone's profile and match and another thing entirely to have a conversation. To send me a quote is fairly off putting because I wasn't asking for a quote. I don't even think that's a prompt for sending a first message but either way I don't get it. Why can't this guy just tell me what his goals are and how he's working towards them after asking me what mine are? Is that so hard? 

It seems once again we are back to the age old problem of men on dating apps not being able to hold a conversation. Or even know how to start a conversation. I honestly don't get why it is so hard for some people. Hell, you can even Google conversation starters and come up with some good ones! Even Bumble has suggested conversation starters that are easy to use! Perhaps I am expecting too much when it comes to someone actually reading my profile and taking a genuine interest in me. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't truly have a problem with the quote itself. All in all it seems like a good quote and I get where it's going, unless it has some secret terrible meaning but I'm going to stay positive with this! How would all of you respond to this sort of message? Especially as a first message? I get he could just be trying to put the ball in my court but come on now, ASK ME A QUESTION FIRST! Either way, let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment