Saturday, May 16, 2020

Coffee Meets Bagel - Deleted

We all are well aware of what ghosting is at this point on an app. They message and then disappear for no reason. It obviously gets old after a while but it does happen. I tend not to think about it that much, considering it's not worth my time or effort. If a guy decides not to message then in my mind it's just his loss. Anyway, today we have a profile that confused me a bit with the info the guy filled in on his bio. Let's get to it, shall we?




For the sake of this post we'll call the guy Trey. Now I'm used to seeing profiles that have very little filled out but what was the point of him writing "I am deleted app". What does that mean? How is he a deleted app? Did I somehow delete him after he liked me? Or is it that another girl deleted him in the process of swiping? Either way that is fairly fun to imagine.

I don't get why Trey didn't actually just delete his profile and then delete the app because now he's still just showing up for random people that he's swiped right on. Look at the app giving me hope that someone has all ready liked me! Try, you could have had a chance. You're actually tall enough for me and we have some interests in common. Instead I must now just forget about you because you managed to delete the app. Congrats are in order I suppose, but there's a better way to go about this. 

I mean, I am a bit curious about how his likes must change and how often, considering he says for now. I wonder if something happened with the app to make him decide he no longer liked to use it anymore, hence his reason for just deleting the app and not actually his profile. Maybe it's a sign of hope that he'll likely come back when he decides he likes to use the app again. I mean, we are in the middle of a global pandemic.

Has anyone else come across a profile like this where a person claims they've deleted their app without actually deleting their profile? What do you all think of Trey? Is it just a waste of our time (I mean, we know it is) or is he being fickle and going to re-download the app once more at a later time? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment