Saturday, May 23, 2020

Bumble - Companionship

As you all know I myself use plenty of different dating apps. At the moment I'm not exactly swiping on all of them, or even bothering to check on all of them, but on each one I tend to use the same pictures and I keep my bio about the same. Granted, some of the apps ask different questions in order to help others get to know you better. Today we have a guy claiming to straight up copy his profile from Plenty of Fish but I don't think he understands that a limit exists and his bio isn't that great.




For the sake of this post we’re going to call this guy Ricky. Now, he claims that he is putting his POF bio in his pictures but he's a liar. I will not show you his pictures but of course they are all just random pictures of him. Nothing from his bio in POF. It isn’t that hard to shorten a profile bio and fit it in where it’s needed. But I suppose some people are too lazy. That or he just didn't figure out how to screenshot his profile on POF and then upload it as his profile photos on Bumble.

Now, Ricky says he’s looking for companionship, which makes me think he should just be using Bumble BFF to find a best friend. But then he claims it is similar to friends with benefits but with the affection parts too. What does this even mean? Are friends with benefits not affectionate? I thought it was fuck buddies who had no other feelings other than hooking up. Did I miss a memo somewhere?

I think Ricky just needs to find someone who he gets along with first and then he could see if the “affection parts” happens as well so then he doesn’t have to waste any more years. I’m curious what he’s spent his years wasted on, other than relationships that didn’t last. I can’t say that I’m the end all be all with my opinion but a lot of people tend to “waste years” in a relationship because they hope it works out or maybe they’re trapped. There’s a lot of reasons for this to happen but still, I can only hope people learned something from the relationship to move on to hopefully something better. 

I know all my past relationships weren’t perfect but I’ve definitely learned from it and wanted better for myself. That’s just the way it goes. What do you all think of Ricky? Did he just get lazy and forget how to use a dating app? I mean, I do. At the same time though I think he shouldn’t be saying he’s looking for companionship. Just say you’re looking for a girlfriend that you get along with and can be affectionate with, which is kind of what the app is for but whatever. Let me know what you think in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment