Saturday, March 4, 2023

Coffee Meets Bagel - My Therapist Said

Don't ask me why but I opened the dating apps again! Ok, I should clarify. I opened ONE dating app again and it's Coffee Meets Bagel. I did this around Valentine's Day just out of curiosity to see who was on the apps and now I've been swiping and seeing what happens because there were a ton of matches and possibilities. I know there were a ton of people online because of Valentine's Day and I guess everyone was so worried about being single or alone but not me! I was just curious since I got an email saying they usually saw a big spike around that time and thought why not? So I matched with a guy who we will call Bailey and it didn't really go well from there. 

Now the first big red flag or Kill Bill sirens going off was due to him asking how I was. I answered honestly that I was tired and I was doing some homework for a class. Bailey IMMEDIATELY replied saying that he wished he was with me so he could cuddle me. Sir, I did not say I wanted to be cuddled. Why are you saying this right off the bat? Perhaps you might be thinking that I walked right into that, or I set myself up for such a response, but honestly it makes me think of the guys who immediately reply "without me?" when a girl says they're taking a shower. Anyway, our chat was closing so he gave me his number. I decided to give him a chance, but it went downhill from there. 

The conversation continued with text in an unsurprising manner. Yes I'm pretty. Great compliment. What else do you have Bailey? I mean, I was surprised to read that he's looking for a long term relationship because most of the guys tend to share very quickly that they just want to hook up or something like that.


When Bailey said that he was married but was now divorced I didn't know what to think. A lot of people put in their profile that they're divorced, since there are usually kids in their photos. Bailey didn't have that but when he mentioned his ex cheated on him with a sugar daddy that was a bit surprising. My thoughts immediately went to wondering whether or not the ex left him for someone with money because Bailey didn't have anything on the ball. At the mention of not wanting to go clubbing every night I was still hesitant but I figured I would let him explain himself. What was the harm in that?

I'm curious as to why Bailey and his ex even got married if she was going to go with a sugar daddy and cheat. I clearly don't have any control over the matter and I am not going to bother finding the ex to then ask. Bailey still sounds... bitter to me. I'm not sure if that's the right word I want but I think you know what I'm saying.


The fact that he immediately says that he's moved on and is looking for someone to be loyal to him, and saying it can hopefully be me. Like, why? We literally barely started talking and that's what you throw out there? What is this? Are you attempting some sort of jedi mind tricks Bailey? How many other girls have you sent these same messages to? Has it worked on anyone?


Why is Bailey bringing his therapist into this? I mean, he should certainly go to therapy and that is NOT a bad thing. But just because he's telling me that his therapist said he's "all good with that" it sounds so fake to me. Like, does he really expect me to believe that? I just... the math ain't mathing for me here. Then for him to say that I am already better than his ex is yet another red flag for me. This is literally the entire conversation that we've had, because like I mentioned before the chat closed quickly on the app so we moved to text. 

Needless to say I am not impressed with Bailey and I don't think I have any interest or desire to meet up with him in person. I feel like he's trying too hard, in the sense of coming across as "I'm divorced because she left me for a sugar daddy but my therapist said I'm good and you're so amazing and cute so you should be loyal to me." That's a nice long sentence but I feel like it's something he would say all in one breath honestly.

What do you all think of Bailey? If this was how your first text conversation went with someone on an app what would you think? Would you even want to meet up? Or do you think it's a weird bit/line that he uses? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments :

Post a Comment