Saturday, July 18, 2020

Tinder - Verified Selfie

Don't know what it is about photos but sometimes they can seem a bit sketch. Don't get me wrong, usually you can tell when someone isn't using their own photos. That or they just have weird pictures that have no people in them. Today @TheTinderZone has a guy asking for an "identity verifying selfie". That has to be a new one that I've never heard before.



If I'm being honest if I took a selfie right now I'm not sure it would do much to verify who I am. Not that I've changed much during this lovely quarantine/global pandemic but I just wouldn't care enough to take a good selfie. I'd probably just mess around and send a bunch of random and odd angled pictures of myself. Not everyone would do that though, but whatever. As I always tend to say, to each their own. 

If you've been talking to someone for two years would it even matter that much what they look like? Obviously you have some sort of close relationship and you would meet in person or video chat if that was what was necessary to what you had going on. I love how "more then" autocorrected to moron thanks to Siri. You know, technology is always out to betray us when we need it to work best. Thankfully this guy was quick to correct it, instead of noticing much later and causing some subsequent issues.

I love the response of being a 45 year old balding single cat dat. I mean, clearly she's just pulling the guy's leg but at the same time I'm curious how he responded to this. Maybe he was immediately turned off by the idea and never responded. Maybe he just asked for a selfie anyway just for proof for himself for whatever reason. Hopefully a stock photo was sent as a reply just to have some fun.

What do you all think? Have you had someone on a dating app ask you for a selfie to verify who you are? I mean, if someone's pictures were truly that unbelievable I imagine that might happen but who is really going around not using their own pictures besides catfish? Let me know in the comments down below. (:



No comments :

Post a Comment