Saturday, January 23, 2021

Coffee Meets Bagel - Eat the Moon

I know we've seen the guy who claimed that COVID would disappear after the election which really makes one pause to scratch their head for a moment and wonder how much one has to do to really believe that sort of thing. The election is over and yet here we are, still in the middle of a pandemic. Now today while I was swiping I had yet another interesting sort of belief come up. Perhaps not as startling as the one who thought COVID would disappear but still a bit confusing and concerning. Or maybe it's just me. Either way, let's get to the profile.


Now for the sake of the post we're going to call the guy Diego. Now if I'm being honest when I first get someone's profile from the suggested page or "likes you" page I scroll down to check their height. You know me, height is important. I'm 5' 10" so you need to have some height on me. Diego claims that he is 6' 0" which now immediately sets off alarms in my head because most all the guys who I have met who claim to be 6' are actually my height or a bit shorter. I know, some people find it petty but it is a big turn off for me. I just don't know what else to tell you. Either way this made me a bit suspicious about Deigo but I decided to continue reading his profile.

Diego finds going on a challenging hike to be an adventure, which I do as well! That's something we have in common right off the bat. Maybe he would actually survive a hike with me unlike some of my other dates. Going to an antique store or exploring  a new part of town would be fun too. I'm all for that sort of thing so Diego is off to a great start. I know some people say they have strong opinions about something but usually it's minor. Like whether Coke or Pepsi is better. Or Mayonnaise against Miracle Whip. Those are a little more fun and easy to poke fun about just to see how passionate someone is about it. 

Instead we have Diego questioning the moon landing. Now, I'm not big on conspiracy theories and honestly in the beginning of COVID almost a year ago I thought it was funny when people said that we all had to stay inside so the government could change the batteries in the pigeons. It was just silly and funny. That was all. But for Diego to think the moon landing didn't happen makes me wonder what else he finds to be a conspiracy. Also his use of the tongue sticking out emoji confuses me because I usually see it in relation to food. Does Diego plan to eat the Moon? Because it's fake and made of cheese? Now that would make some sense but I honestly don't know if he's joking or not.

Now the next part gets me as well. Is it truly brave to move to Iowa for a job? I honestly don't know because I've only ever driven through a small part of Iowa. Is there some unknown danger lurking in that state that I'm unaware of? I suppose Diego's use of the freezing cold emoji is correct because it probably was a bit cold there for the winter. Other than that I just don't know how that was brave. Is it too much for guys to write more than one sentence or a couple of words to explain themselves? I don't even want to bother matching to ask a question when I'm not even interested because it just seems like a waste of time at this point.

What do you all think of Diego? Do you think the moon landing was faked? Or are you even bothered by the fact that Diego thinks it was faked like I do? Let me know in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment