Saturday, January 9, 2021

Coffee Meets Bagel - Firefighter Hell

Happy New Year everyone! I don't exactly know how happy it is considering everything that's already happened so far within the first week but such is life. If only we could all skip the free trial of this year and just bypass it all. I suppose it's best to expect some sort of chaos at all times now since 2020 turned everything on it's head and there's no end in sight. Well, today I offer a profile that leaves me with some questions but I'm not quite sure if I want the answers! Let's get to it, shall we?



For the sake of this post we're going to call this guy George because I can't think of another name at the moment. I'm confused by him saying that he likes being a nerd and anything to do with science. What am I supposed to do with that? What makes you a nerd George? And surely you can't like everything that has to deal with science because there's just so much under that umbrella term! I too like "science" but I would at least break it down and say I like space or anatomy and physiology. I absolutely hate chemistry. That at least gives someone an idea of what to work with. Instead I just get a broad and generic topic that leads me to not care to ask a question.

Now, Coffee Meets Bagel let's you pick your three questions (George has two) that are answered so I'm surprised to see someone answer their ideal adventure because that's not usually chosen for some reason. Either way George says he wants to be a firefighter getting a call only to realize that he's in hell, but that it's all just a dream. That's his ideal adventure? It just sounds like a strange dream that likely may have some other meaning but I don't know enough about dreams to be the expert. This means I'll turn to the internet!

Now, seeing a firefighter in one's dreams supposedly means he's trying to take control of his emotions. Like George is on the brink of an angry or emotional outburst and is trying to hold it in. That's interesting. So George is on edge, like the rest of us because of literally everything that's going on. It also means George wants to keep his emotions in check in case his outburst hurts someone, which would be quite considerate. Sounds like he needs to talk to someone, like a therapist which wouldn't hurt. 

Apparently because George is the firefighter it's possible he's trying to fend off something destructive in his life. Oh, that is quite a bad thing and would explain why he realizes he's in hell, considering the person or situation probably made him feel like that. Also if he's been struggling it might be a sign that he's trying to hold onto his identity while people are trying to strip him of it and gradually take it away. Sounds like George's ideal adventure is more revealing than anything else because it's his dreams. This is quite an insight to work with.

Here I was just thinking that George might want to make a career change from being a loan officer to a firefighter. I just hope he gets it all sorted out and figures out a much better ideal adventure. What do you all think of George. I'm not quite sure I want to swipe right on him. He was in my suggested batch of possible suitors but he's giving me very little to work with. Is his ideal adventure something you've thought of or is it just as strange to you as it is to me? Maybe others imagine that as their ideal adventure and I just don't know it! What's yours? Let me know in the comments down below! (:

No comments :

Post a Comment