Sunday, August 1, 2021

Coffee Meets Bagel - Bitmoji Pic

I would apologize for the delay in a new post but this terrible thing called life happened. No regrets though because even I deserve some down time and no expectations every once in a while. Today I have yet another profile for you and I honestly thought we were past the point of dealing with weird photos. Maybe weird isn't the right word, considering we've all seen plenty of them together. But today's guy, just doesn't get it? I don't know how else to describe it so let's get to the fun part.



We all know there are guys who get butt hurt over a girl or anyone using filters on their face from Snapchat or wherever else. The hypocrisy always comes along with their own profile has a dog ear filter on their face for the main photo. Or there's the infamous group photo where you have no clue who the person is. Today the guy, who we'll call Travis, uses his bitmoji as his first and main photo on the dating app! What is this nonsense? We know there are guys who post photos that mostly other men would want to see, but instead I have to deal with this garbage?

To make things even worse his second and third picture are super blurry and clearly old. Like we're talking the photo was taken on an old Kodak disposable camera and then developed but it was messed up and pixelated past the point of recognition. I didn't even think to take a screenshot of them because I didn't think it worth my iCloud storage (which has been yelling at me as of late). Honestly they just look something like this:


Not even Google's AI could piece together what this dude's face looks like. I am 100% certain of this. So that just leaves me even more confused about his profile. All I know is that Travis is 6'2", white, a construction worker, and is 32 years old. I don't know what he looks like and he didn't write anything else in his bio so I know nothing else about him! Like, honestly what am I supposed to work with here Travis? There's nothing about your dating app profile that appeals to me other than your height and even then that's not enough for me to want to swipe right or match with you.

I know too many people who look nothing like their bitmoji so is this the next wave of catfishing? People making a bitmoji that they pretend looks like them, kind of like that Disney filter that makes you look like a Disney character because if so, I want no part of it.

What do you all think of Travis' profile? Am I wrong for thinking it's ridiculous to use a bitmoji for your dating app profile? Or is it going to become the new norm for dating apps? If that's the case I'm not looking forward to that because I'm really going to match with no one. What do you all think of Travis? Would he be worth the match? Let me know what you think in the comments down below. 


No comments :

Post a Comment