Tuesday, May 9, 2017

April Ipsy Glam Bag

As I mentioned before I have another Ipsy Glam Bag to share with all of you! It is now officially a month late although technically from the time I received it only a few weeks have passed. Either way April's bag proved to be quite interesting from email warnings from Ipsy to trying to comprehend how dumb some people are. Let's get to the bag shall we?

To start off I actually love the look of this bag! It makes me feel like it's a movie theater ticket that can hold all my little makeup items I need if I were to travel. Ok, so it really can't hold all of my makeup items but it can hold quite a few and that's what counts! The bag itself feels like it will hold up and be long lasting so I can't wait to use it on one of my trips this summer. I'll let you all know how well it fares.


As for the contents I must get one thing out of the way. Ipsy sent an email warning that Luseta Beauty's Dry Shampoo needed to be kept away from heat. There was also a lovely warning on the container itself. From there I received another email asking me to empty my product and say that I've emptied it and thrown it away. Apparently some people didn't read the warning and left it in their car! While in their car the product "exploded" but no one was hurt. I imagine the product burst due to the heat and left some residue all over. I don't fully know considering it didn't happen to me. Either way I'm not letting that interfere with the review because it's not anyone's fault that some people can't read words or labels.

Luseta Beauty Volume Reviving Dry Shampoo in Potpourri

I've always wanted to try dry shampoos because I wondered if they would actually work with my hair type or just leave me disappointed. This one was a spray, almost like hairspray in a sense, that was easy to apply so I enjoyed that aspect of it. However one of the main selling points was the fact that there was to be "no chalky finish! Even brunette strands end up residue-free" which I sadly didn't witness myself. I had some strange white chalky colors on my hair strands so that was disappointing. The white eventually faded after a few more brush strokes and some time. 

Glamour Dolls x Lisa Frank Angle Blush Brush

Taking it back to the 90's! The unicorns on this brush are adorable and before even knowing it was a collab with Lisa Frank I knew it was her artwork. My child self would be proud considering I owned all the notebooks and folders I could with her art. The brush itself is super soft and the color makes me think of unicorns. 

The White Company Seychelles Hand & Nail Cream

I can always use a good hand cream! It's a bit thicker than others but they boast that it is thicker to give you more moisture. That's always nice in my desert home. It's the perfect size to throw in my purse and have on me at any time that I need it. The smell is also quite nice, nothing too strong but subtle. If you don't notice the smell it's not something to be offended about.

ColourPop Cosmetics Creme Gel Pencil in Mr. Bing

Mr. Bing is described as rich warm brown which the color description truly matches. It's a pretty brown to use and makes a brown eye color pop. It's nice enough that it can really be used with any eye color to make it stand out. It's super easy to apply as it just glides on as you use the pencil over your eyelid or under it.

Naked Cosmetics Heavy Metal #04

I've run into the same problem as last time. Even though this rust color eyeshadow looks nice it turns orange on my eyelids. It's not exactly the color I'm looking for when applying eyeshadow. Also the heavy metal look isn't something I'd wear often or much at all if I'm being completely honest. I imagine this shade working for some people but it's just not in my style.


Do any of you get the Ipsy Glam Bag? Did we get anything similar and if so how are you using it? Any of you struggling with the color looking orange on your skin? If you don't get Ipsy let me know what you think of these brands and products in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment