Sunday, May 28, 2017

OkCupid - Noncreative Creep

It's time for another round of what was the first message sent! A we've seen plenty of times before there are a lot of strange and random first messages that can't be unread. I've had my eyes scarred by plenty of messages and photos. I'll never get to take those back. Today we have a guy who sort of calls out the nonsense of the first message, but keep in mind when I say nonsense I mean the overanalyzing that takes place. Let's get to it.




I actually don't mind if someone's first message is a quick "Hi how are you?" sort of thing because it is the easiest conversation starter. I do prefer a question about my profile like about traveling or anything else I've listed but hey, I'll take what I can get and go from there. I don't think it's stalker-ish to view someone's profile a few times. I mean, I've had plenty of profiles show up more than once while just swiping through so it just happens. Also maybe you get to someone's profile and just as you're reading it you have to do something so you come back to it later. I think I'd only be concerned if he could regurgitate my entire life to me or something along those lines.

He's slightly right in saying that mentioning my beauty will make me think he's a perv. I don't mind when guys mention my beauty but it's just too boring. Maybe that's not the right word but it really doesn't mean anything to me. Thanks for calling me pretty, I know, now move along so we can discuss something else. I would hope a guy finds me attractive when he decides to match and message me. Then again I've seen cases where the guy just matches to say rude things.

Letters aren't just digital symbols but hey, I get what Kazi is trying to say. It can be so confusing and online dating is difficult. Trying to express yourself to someone who doesn't know you is hard when it's on a keyboard. You don't know their mannerisms, their sarcasm, their jokes, and other little quirks that are normal to them but unknown to you. There's nothing easy about online dating! I've been doing it for more than a year now, which is crazy to think about.

I wonder if Kazi sends this as a first message to every girl. I mean, I don't think I'd necessarily care because it is a decent first message. The complaints on both ends of the dating profile world would be a fun discussion saying what's difficult for the guys and what's difficult for the girls. I just don't know if a lot of girls would go for it though, depending on what they're using the dating app for. Either way I can appreciate Kazi's honesty and telling it like it is.

What do you all think? Would you be bothered by this as a first message or do you think that it's a fair point/opinion? Let me know in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment