Saturday, October 14, 2017

Tinder - IKEA Night Stand

You know how sometimes you just happen upon a profile that isn't as terrible as you thought it would be? I'm reminded of that packaged deal that came up a while ago but I won't be forgetting that one anytime soon. I mean I have gotten to the point with the dating apps that I'm not on as often because the profiles have start to become repetitive. Same distasteful profile with a guy who isn't remotely attractive or interesting. Today we have someone who's profile I'm not sure what to make of. There's the funny parts but also the concerning parts. Let's get on to it shall we?





I find it kind of funny that Mark thought he should start off his profile by sharing his height and weight. As we all known height is important with me so it makes sense to share that on the dating app. It doesn’t hurt to know how tall someone is. I don’t think it is important to share weight on any sort of dating app or website though. I barely think the doctor should have your weight and that should be enough. Either way I guess sort of kudos to him for sharing that but I think it would be funny if that actually wasn’t his weight and someone figured it out.

For some reason I can’t help but appreciate that Mark is up front in saying that smoking is a turn off and that it includes vaping. I don’t find anything wrong with that because I am of the same opinion. Plus I imagine it makes it easier to filter people out on the dating app if they are interested in that sort of thing. I know I see plenty of guys that have a picture up of them with a cigar.

I like that Mark is wanting to be friends with the girl he matches with first. I think being friends first definitely helps and having that mentality makes it so that immediately going out and being a couple isn’t the only focus. I am a bit confused by what outdoor activities he wants to do and what exactly is a road buddy? Do I wave to him from my car when I see him? What does this mean? The dine and dash accomplice could be meant more as funny but I don’t find it very funny. What do you think? For Mark to want someone’s FICO score he sure isn’t quick to share his.

The fact that he says he likes Merica with an American flag emoji sort of concerns me. I don’t know why but I find it a bit much. Don’t get me wrong, I like my country too but I’m not going to list it on my likes on a dating profile. It’s cool that he is into off roading, camping, hiking, and the outdoors. At least he’s a bit more descriptive now so a conversation about a fun outdoor activity can happen. I’ve never known a guy to say that he likes small purse puppies. Usually the guys I know like big dogs. Don’t get me started on whether or not they are trying to compensate because that’s a whole different conversation. I don’t think he is as committee to small purse puppies if he doesn’t have his own. Perhaps he is still to afraid to have a little purse to carry the dog around in.

His last line makes me laugh. Now that is a great way to say that he isn’t looking for one night stands, or rather that he knows where to find them all ready thanks to IKEA. Maybe I’m wrong and this is a way to say that he is only looking for one night stands but I didn't take it to mean that. I guess maybe Mark might be someone using the dating app the right way in regards to actually finding someone to date. 

What do you all think of Mark? Do you think it is important to share your weight on a dating app? Why or why not? Did you think that him being straight forward about smoking/vaping is a turn off? I'm curious to know your thoughts on these important matters. Lastly, what do you think of one night stands at IKEA? Is it a code that you know of? Enlighten me in the comments below! (:

No comments :

Post a Comment