Saturday, November 17, 2018

Tinder - Soviet Tank

I've been a little more active on the dating apps as of late so maybe my next post will be about an actual date! Shocking, I know. Either way, until one of those said dates happen (because these boys are all talk) I have a fun post to share with you today nonetheless. Sometimes the conversations that happen can be the best, especially with the strangest profiles. Today we have someone who definitely is dedicated to the profile they've created but I'm not quite sure what they're hoping to get out of it.







I mean, just look at his name. KV-Two Tank. His picture is literally a tank. This is some true dedication for a profile on a dating app. Then again we’ve seen plenty of commitment from some of the guys but sadly that only shows for their profiles. Nothing else ever happens with the follow through, at least not that I’ve seen. I’m curious if he got all of his tank pictures off of Google images or if he is actually just obsessed with tanks and took all of the pictures himself.

His commitment to being a Soviet Tank is truly hilarious because he asks how is life outside of the Soviet Union. Clearly he must know how it is, as it is a ploy to get some sort of conversation going. Of course it is as he says democracy is over rated but also asks about potatoes. You would think that’s a funny and different question but he cares about the response. I would have been tempted to say the quote from Sam in Lord of the Rings: “Po-ta-toes! Boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew. Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.” Sadly I think the reference would have been wasted because our tank worries about staying in character.

For those of you who don’t know gulag is a system of labor camps, which resulted in a ton of deaths during the cold war. Not exactly a fun thing to think about, let alone bring up on a dating app. I find this profile to be interesting to say the least but not exactly one that is getting my attention for the right reasons. I just think this guy is trolling and having a great time, for whatever reason.

What do you all think of this profile? Do you think it seems like more of a waste of time than anything else? Or do you really think the guy is genuinely having fun, for whatever reason? Let me know in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment