Sunday, May 5, 2019

#TravelTuesday - Yayoi Kusama Infinity Mirrored Room

Well if you've been to Vegas you know that there are sometimes different art shows and installations. Right now the Bellgaio has two installations from Yayoi Kusama that I've been dying to go to and I finally got the chance! I've heard so much about the Infinity Mirrored Room from others that I knew I had to go and experience it myself.





The gallery itself at Bellagio isn't too large, or perhaps Yayoi Kusama's pieces are just larger than usual. Either way having two installations was better than none. I only recently found out that the installation had been extended twice but now due to scheduling conflicts it is going to end sooner rather than later. I guess my timing was just right.


Narcissus Garden worked best when there were people walking around through the exhibit. I don't know how else to explain it but just looking at the mirrored balls meant nothing unless there was something going on in the background, in order to help bring out how much else there was going on in the world while you the viewer were focused on yourself, trying to see your reflection.


The Infinity Mirrored Room - Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity was fantastic. You're actually limited on how much time you can spend in there. There is a lovely line you stand in with someone at the door to grant you entry for 45 seconds before you're ushered out. I don't know how to describe the feeling of standing in there and having infinity right in front of you but it was fantastic. I definitely wish I could have spent more time in there. At the same time I understand that if everyone got an unlimited amount of time then no one would really have a chance to go in.

If you have the chance to see Yayoi Kusama's work and especially go to the Infinity Mirrored Room I highly recommend it! You won't regret it as far as I'm concerned. Have any of you been able to see her installations or go yourself? Let me know in the comments down below. 


No comments :

Post a Comment