Wednesday, March 30, 2016

OkCupid - Poly Couple

Look, I'm not the type of person to try and tell someone how to live their life really unless it's a close friend who I care about that is about to do something stupid or dangerous. So when it comes to relationships I can't really say much about those who are interesting in one that involves more than one person, mostly because it just doesn't make sense to me. You can say I don't know because I've never tried it but honestly, I'm not planning to try ever. I can barely handle one on one interactions with a person who I really like so I can't imagine trying to add in another person into the mix. That'd just be awkward in my opinion. So what do I do when a poly couple messages me?


I got a hit from this poly couple that has a profile photo from their wedding day with them cutting a cake. They are looking for a girl to join their "equal triad" and they say that "submissive tendencies are a plus" because you want to "be part of something special". From what I can tell they all ready have kids but don't want more and are definitely interested in sex. I guess I'm not all knowing when it comes to their love life but does adding another person really make it that much better? Also, what do the kids think of this? Based on the fact that the guy is in his early 30's the kids can't be that old. I can only imagine the horror of them asking questions and wondering what the hell is going on. Like what do you say? "Mommy and daddy love each other but we also want this other girl in our relationship because we love her too so she is now Mommy #2" doesn't sound very appealing. Or just being called a "side chick" would be more appropriate as well as messed up.

The couple doesn't seem to be too on the ball in terms of their working careers since the husband is working on his bachelor's and the wife is simply "in the professional world" which makes me wonder what exactly that world is. Come on now, we're in Vegas so it literally could be just about anything one could imagine. Needless to say I'm going to be ignoring this and hoping another doesn't pop up any time soon.