Sunday, August 7, 2016

10 Things I Liked About Suicide Squad

The reviews are in from the critics for Suicide Squad and they actually aren't that great. To be honest this worried me a bit considering I all ready had my tickets. But the critics have been wrong before and I was still hyped so I went nonetheless. Let's just say I wasn't disappointed.



1. Violas Davis as Amanda Waller. 


As I predicted in my 5 Reasons to be Hyped about Suicide Squad she was amazing. She nailed the heartless character who could pass for the devil with the deeds she took into her own hands and had completed by the hands of others.


2. Will Smith as Deadshot. 


You were invested in his character thanks to the background story they provided involving Batman. If that didn't break your heart a little bit then you're wrong. Also he was a great ring leader for the rag tag group of villains. He wants a drink and everyone follows.


3. Jay Hernandez as Diablo.


I didn't think I would love Diablo as much as I do now. He has that heart breaking back story and his powers are amazing. He wasn't what I expected but I got what I needed.


4. Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. 


She pulled this off spectacularly. The backstory provided showing what happened with Joker along with her eccentric personality and humor was enjoyable. The theater I was in was full of laughter at some of her lines along with concern due to her lack of fear at some events.


5. Jared Leto as Joker.


I just want to be clear that Heath Ledger's Joker is the best and can't be outdone but Leto did a completely different take on the Joker to make it his own. Even his laugh was a bit creepy. Was he strange enough in the movie? Yes. Did his performance warrant his strange behavior in the name of method acting? Not one bit.


6. The action sequences. 


Now this wasn't packed with Batman v. Superman type action fighting but more of individual fighting and showcasing, which was enjoyable considering it didn't just focus on one of the squad members doing all the work. Some did get a bit more time to shine but that's the way it goes sometimes.


7. The music score. 


As I predicted it was fantastic and well done. The music fit well with the overall tone of the movie. I'm going to need to get the album on my Spotify ASAP.


8. The Flash. 


We get another peek at him fully in his costume landing one of the squad members their jail time. Ezra Miller is going to be great in Justice League and I hope he gets a standalone movie as well.


9. Enchantress as the villain. 


The trailers made it seem like we would only have Joker to worry about but Enchantress has a plan of her own to work out. This leads to a lot of different events happening leaving the squad a bit lost and confused about what exactly they are doing.


10. The after credit scene. 


Just know it's after the fancy credits that are displayed. Amanda Waller knows what's up. There was nothing at the very end (I waited to make sure) but that is sort of a Marvel thing to do.


All in all Suicide Squad is certainly a movie I would see again. The critics are being far too harsh, obviously just wanting to favor the Marvels style of super hero movies. This is a DC villain movie so they can't expect what they have grown accustomed to. I mean, how can you be mad about guns when that is basically Deadshot's skill set? Harley Quinn's outfit is based on the comic books and actually covers up quite a bit more than that. It isn't as jam packed as Batman v. Superman yet critics claim it didn't have enough story to it. There's just no winning I suppose. Either way I hope you get the chance to see the movie for yourself and form your own opinion without the help of the critics. If you've seen it let me know what you liked about it.

10 comments :

  1. This is such a great post. I'm going to see this film tomorrow and I'm literally so excited!

    https://eleaanormay.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh!! So glad to see someone not criticising it, definitely restoring my faith to go see it soon! Looks too good to not go see. Xx

    http://www.thehapylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed these things about it, too, and hope it makes enough money that we'll see more of the Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the film yet but despite the reviews I'm excited to watch it. I did watch Batman vs Superman but I wasn't as keen, I thought there was too much slow mo and there was a lot of scenes and shots that weren't really needed.
    Have a pretty day,
    Kayleigh xo
    havea-prettyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite enjoyed Suicide Squad too, glad I didn't let the bad reviews sway me. Totally agree with all these points and Ezra will be in a standalone Flash movie to be released in 2018 yay!

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love comic related film and movie adaptions so I'm definitely going to see this, half the time I don't agree with what the critics think anyway!

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see this movie! I have been hyped since I saw first trailer.
    Wow! A Flash cameo! (I don't mind spoilers ;) )

    Anita,
    www.anitasdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phew! I'm so glad to read this! I was really worried about all of the negative reviews it was getting! But I am still definitely going to see it! And yay for The Flash making an appearance! Based solely on the ads for Justice League, I think Ezra Miller would be great in his own movie. :)

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the film too, I was a little worried about it as quite a few people were slating it! I agree that no one beats Heath Ledger but he did put a good twist into it. Typically Harley Quinn was my all time fave though, her one liners were my favourite xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wanted to see this but I was a little put off by the bad reviews. But critics aren't always right, and this post has definitely encouraged me to give it a chance!

    Beth x
    www.adventureandanxiety.com

    ReplyDelete