Monday, August 15, 2016

Olympic Highlights Thus Far

I am hooked on the Olympics. Sadly NBC is being a jerk and doesn't exactly air everything live and I also don't have cable. Thank goodness for friends who let me crash at their homes for hours on end to watch along with and the internet for keeping me up to date with what is happening. I wasn't planning on making a post out of this but I figured I'd share the fun and love for what's been happening.



Honduras coach Jorge Luis Pinto celebrates a late goal, slips, and falls. I mean, I love his enthusiasm.



Always look out for your captain. She's just tired. Good looking out Australia.



Aly Raisman's parents watching her perform. I think many can relate to this.



A video posted by WorldstarHipHop (@worldstar) on

Fu Yuanhui finding out she won bronze and using her mystic energy to do so. It was adorable.


A video posted by DeMar DeRozan (@demar_derozan) on


USA Basketball’s unironic love of Vanessa Carlton’s “A Thousand Miles” is just too funny.


Then we have Melo’s silent anguish at the end...



Carmelo Anthony apologized to Vanessa Carlton on ESPN. He was all, “I love that song. It was just so early. I was so tired. I really do love that song. I’m sorry Vanessa.”


And Vanessa Carlton tweeted at him, “I understand. They did a good job though.” 




We can't forget about Micahel Phelps though. He's become a huge meme thanks to this image of him trying to focus while his rival is dancing around in front of him.




Usain Bolt smiles for the camera as he finishes finishes the 100m dash knowing he has the competition beat. His poor competitors expressions though.



Japan's Masato Sakai silver medal swimmer who came from behind in fifth to medal. I mean, yay Michael Phelps and all but come on now, this was an amazing race to watch.


Simone Biles taking names and dominating in gymnastics. If you haven't seen her routines and performances you are truly missing out.



Can't forget about Simone Manuel's reaction to realizing she won first place.


I know there's probably a few other things I missed but sadly I can't be glued to the tv for the Olympics 24/7 or else I would be. What have you enjoyed so far in the Olympics?



5 comments :

  1. Love this post haha so funny! You have a really nice blog too, and you seem so lovely, let me know if you would like to follow each other and stay in touch! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've been loving the olympics! Its just a fun period in time for everyone to get excited.

    -M

    Violet Roots || Instagram || Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually missed all of the Olympics so far this year, I'm just not into it

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this so much! I don't have a tv so I haven't been watching the olympics at all, but I'm really enjoying the memes and these little moments of joy when people win. Thanks for compiling them for us! xx


    Jessthetics

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mom of the gymnast Ally is hysterical! Loving these GIPHS too girlie! LMAO

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com
    Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter: @missdsquared413

    ReplyDelete