Saturday, October 1, 2016

OkCupid - Let's Lose It

While in New York City I was visiting with friends and we were discussing our tales with the dating apps. I only have a handful of friends who know about this blog but it's fun to hear that they're trying it out too to see what kind of matches they get. I mean, there are some successes but I'll talk more about those later. Anyway, I find it interesting when guys want to talk about religion immediately. Not that I'm bothered by it but some people just don't know how to bring it up in a way that isn't absolutely ridiculous.



Ok can we please start off with his terrible first message? He doesn't even say who he is, so no introduction at all whatsoever. I mean, isn't that a common courtesy with people who you are meeting or talking with for the first time? A simple "Hi, my name is Bob. What's your name?" is not that hard I swear. Instead this dude goes straight for "Hey I'm a Muslim virgin and you're a Muslim girl so we should have sex." How is that even something that you say to someone you don't really even know and have just met? Who does this? I get that it isn't a conversation happening face to face but I treat all of my conversations that are happening online or through an app as though it were happening face to face. I don't want to make a complete and total fool of myself.

My friend of course was in shock from such a horrible message. Who says that? Obviously he is either desperate or this is his legitimate go to pick up line. Once more it makes me wonder if it actually works for him. I can't imagine too many girls seeing such a message and thinking, "OMG this is the message I've been waiting for! We obviously need to get together ASAP" because that would just be ridiculous. Then again if people are just looking for a booty call they may go for it. Who knows, but who can honestly believe this guy for thinking that losing his virginity to a Muslim girl is just something to do for fun. That's just straight up rude.

I don't have too much more to say about this guy but honestly I need to know, how would you respond to a message like this? I mean he obviously wants to act like religion is important when it comes to hooking up with someone but he just rubs me the wrong way. Let me know what you think in the comments below. 


1 comment :

  1. This made me laugh. I swear, Online dating is not for me. I just can't even think about it.

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete