Thursday, February 16, 2017

February Ipsy Glam Bag

I haven't done anything beauty related in ages but I figure now is my chance to change that! I have been getting the Ipsy Glam Bags for about a year now but never thought of actually sharing and reviewing what I got in my bag. I'm not the best with makeup and all the variety of products that there are out there but I'm always willing to try new things. I saw someone else post their bag and I had different items from them (save for the bag) so I thought why not go for it and do a review? So let's get to it.




Above is a picture of my lovely bag of goodies. If I'm being honest though the actual bag is quite disappointing this month. It has no cute design or anything to make it stand out. It's quite boring. Also the orange paint on the zipper is chipped off from opening and closing the bag because the little Ipsy charm is a bit too big for the small space provided. On to the products though.

Luna Highlighter in Calypso 

I actually have never used a highlighter before but I'm liking the pigment this one has. Thankfully Ipsy has videos to show you how to use what you received in your glam bag so I'm definitely going to try it over my eyeshadow and then branch out to my cheekbones.

Lord & Berry Line/Shade in Black

I love a good black liner and this one seems to be a very nice one. It's also water proof so bonus points for that! I always have to have waterproof mascara so the liner has to be water proof or it's not worth using.

Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser

The smell is what gets me because it's actually quite nice! It says that it works well with sensitive skin (which is always a good thing) and it has a lot of vitamins and antioxidants. Just everything good that your skin needs. Especially with the dry winter weather.

Hikari Cream Pigment Eye Shadow in Latte

The shade is definitely something more bold than what I would normally wear but I find the color to be a nice shade that I'd try for a night out with friends or anything I want to feel a bit fancy for. I think it might be a little much to go into work with but to each their own.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Ripe Berry

I originally thought this color would be a little too dark compared to what I normally wear but I tried it and I am falling in love with it. The butter name truly matches because it's so nice and easy to put on like a balm but it stays quite nicely as well. It's a nice pop of color on my lips.

So do any of you get the Ipsy Glam Bag? Did we get anything similar and if so how are you using it? If not let me know what you think of these brands and maybe give me some ideas of what to use them for in the comments below! (:

8 comments :

  1. I've honestly never gotten an Ipsy bag, and I don't know why I don't invest in the subscription! They always get really cute stuff. The color of the highlighter is beautiful! Also NYX butter lipsticks are so creamy and beautiful, even though I've never tried that shade before! I would love if you keep showing us what you continue to get xxx

    Melina / www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done a beauty bag subscription and was always curious if they were worth it! Sounds like you found some good ones in your ipsy this month. My friend gave me a Hikari blush from her bag not too long ago but I wasn't into it- maybe their shadow is better. I enjoy NYX products so that's cool you got something from that brand. Color looks pretty!
    XX Jen beautylifemom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eye shadow looks amazing! I'd love to see a swatch of it!

    Lxoxo
    www.lovelibby.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get Ipsy bags, but haven't in a few years. I enjoyed when they gave deluxe samples of higher end brands so that I could try them out before deciding to buy them. I love NYX so that lipstick looks like something I would pick out for myself. As for the rest, I haven't really heard of/used them so I couldn't tell you. The best part of makeup is that you can play around with it and see how they work for you. Have fun!

    The Crimson Cardigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good subscription! I love lord and berry make up xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love NYX! They are my drug store go to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like you got some good stuff in there! Can never go wrong with NYX. I've never heard of that Lord & Berry brand but I'm always looking for a black liner thats waterproof!
    Great post :)

    Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved my Glam Bag this month but I felt so cheated because I didn't get the NYX lipstick haha. NYX lip products are my favorite. All around, your bag looks awesome!

    Amanda | http://www.poppyseeder.com/

    ReplyDelete