Saturday, December 16, 2017

OkCupid - Hey Ho

Conversation starters aren't always easy. I've had the guy who thought that being a jar opener was an impressive introduction. Then I had the guy who actually had the fun idea about shopping and playing tetris because we were both tall. Today though we have someone who either doesn't know how to start a conversation or maybe just doesn't know how to be funny. I seriously can't understand why it has become so hard to start a conversation with a stranger. It seems like something that happens every day but apparently there are those who struggle with it and I do mean really struggle with it. Let me share with you what message I received today.




I get it, sometimes guys think it is funny to call a girl a name as if they know them. I've had a guy call me trouble as if he were my friend and it was a funny joke. Today I had a guy call me a ho, which doesn't make me think he was trying to type something else. There would be no way for autocorrect to fix what he was saying to that. What would he be trying to type? Hey go? Hey bo? Hey yo? Hey jo? None of those make any sense. Especially considering none of them are related to what my name is so it certainly wasn't a nickname. Just saying hey or hi by itself would be better than starting off with calling names.

I figured that if he wanted to call me a ho I should just return the favor and call him a name back. We're both obviously joking right because it is super funny. Not really, but I was curious about how he would respond to it. I figured calling him a douche would be a little more appropriate than outright calling him a dick. I didn't want to stroke his ego by saying something like "hey player" because that would have been even more dangerous. Apparently the guy couldn't handle what he was trying to dish out because he never responded!

I guess I was ghosted either because the guy was let down by the fact that I didn't respond saying "Why yes, I am a ho!" or he found me too mean by calling him a douche. It doesn't matter though. I don't think I'm missing out on anything. Seriously, what was the point in even sending a message only to not respond? I mean, there are plenty of people who ghost all the time for no reason but that's just annoying more than anything else. If you're going to start a conversation at least try to have an actual conversation.

What do all of you think of this guy? How would you have responded to a "hey ho" message? Do you think he meant to say ho or is there some sort of joke I'm missing out on? Let me know what you think in the comments below! (:

No comments :

Post a Comment