Sunday, April 2, 2017

OkCupid - My Girlfriend Drinks

I get that there are many different types of relationships. There are people who have one partner or more than one. Kudos to them. They are more than welcome to do what they are comfortable with. I, however, am more comfortable with a monogamous relationship. As I've said before to each their own. On the dating apps lately I've been getting more requests to join in on a poly relationship where of course I would be the new addition. I don't know why I'm getting these but let's see who we have today.


I don't know what it is about me that screams, "I want to be in a relationship with more than one person!" but please let me know if you've seen this stamped on my head. Maybe there is something in my online dating profiles that screams this at strangers who swipe through my photos. No, that can't be it considering my photos are of me traveling or hiking. I don't think those two things scream out that I want to be in a poly relationship, unless I've missed the memo and that's the new secret way to tell such a thing.

Then again I don't think photos alone would tell if someone was right for a poly relationship. This guy is from Illinois so he and his girlfriend obviously were looking for someone pretty who would potentially be interested in a hookup. I mean, if I was looking for a hookup I would want someone who is attractive. What would it matter what they are interested it? It isn't as if I would be seeing them again, especially having such a great distance between us.

Also, let's say that I was potentially interested in hookup up with this guy and his girlfriend. Wouldn't the guy want to show a picture of his girlfriend so I know what I'm getting into? None of his pictures feature his girlfriend, which leads me to wonder if he has a girlfriend. Perhaps he was trying to make himself seem more attractive by saying he has a girlfriend all ready. Finding out a guy has a girlfriend makes him seem more desirable, right? 

I'm curious though, what makes someone decide to ask on a dating app for a hookup? I mean, of course they are feeling themselves and wanting someone to be with for a night but to turn to a dating app? Wouldn't you go to the bar or club? I thought hookups were mostly on Tinder and this was on OkCupid. Maybe the hookups are starting to happen all over any of the datings apps and I've just missed the memo. 

Is anyone else as skeptical as I am about the fact that this guy has a girlfriend? Or am I being too harsh in thinking that just because he doesn't have pictures of her that means she doesn't exist? Also, do any of you know the apparently obvious way to tell that someone wants to be in a poly relationship according to their online dating profile? Let me know what you all think in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment