Sunday, December 1, 2019

Coffee Meets Bagel - Choose Your Adventure

I know it's the holidays so that means there are a ton of people traveling. I figured I'd hop on the app before my own traveling fun just in case I matched with someone. Well, turns out I did match with someone on Coffee Meets Bagel! Even more of a surprise is the guy messaged me first! Way to go Chris, you get some bonus points... for now.





I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that I immediately recognized it as a copy and paste message. Have I been on the dating apps for too long? Let's check the calendar... Well I've been running this blog for about three years now so I would say yes, I've been on the dating apps for quite a while. I should find a better way to spend three years so any suggestions are welcome!

At least Chris was a good sport about admitting that it was a copy and paste and that he stole it from Reddit. Is there a whole Reddit about dating? With the wins and the fails? I am curious now but I don't have the time to check at the moment. It has me thinking though that maybe there is one just for guys to try and share pick up lines that were either successful or not. I mean, I could easily tell you that most of the pick up lines don't work on me because I'd rather they be original and talk to me about something I'm interested in.

Either way Chris and I are set up to possibly get together after this Thanksgiving holiday because we're both out of town for it. Sadly we haven't really been messaging that much, which is understandable because it is time to be with friends and family but at the same time just one little message would make a difference. Even a "happy Thanksgiving!" but hey, what can you do? I wonder if this will become a funny holiday romance just like in the movies. 

I'll keep you all posted on what happens with Chris but what do you think? Are these copy and paste messages something that actually get your attention or do they just make you roll your eyes at the unoriginality? Let me know in the comments down below. (:


No comments :

Post a Comment