Saturday, April 18, 2020

10 Reasons It's Great To Be Single During Quarantine

Well, it’s time to talk about the positives of being single during this time of lockdown or quarantine, depending on what your state or country has decided to call it. I know my state is “shut down” with the Strip closed down and only “essential” businesses running. Of course plenty of people are still trying to gather together by getting outside but they’re part of the group of idiots who are the reason all of this is lasting even longer. Anyway, on to my list of reasons it’s great to be single at this time!




1. No shaving!


I have not shaved my legs in weeks because there’s no reason to! Who is seeing my legs? Just me. Maybe the people who I happen to pass by from 6+ feet away while I go for a morning run but people are a little busy trying to avoid me and not paying attention to any leg hair I may have. What are they going to do? Tell me I should? Nope! So being single helps because if I was with someone surely I would still be shaving for them.



2. No makeup! 


I don’t know why but it is so nice not to have to wear makeup. Granted, I only wear mascara, foundation, and eye shadow so I don’t go all out but it still takes effort! Not wearing makeup for a few weeks means my skin still breaks out and has it’s bad moments but it doesn’t matter! No one is truly seeing me. Even on Zoom meetings or Facetime my face isn’t crystal clear on the picture so what does it matter? If I was with someone maybe I would still be “putting on my face” because I want to impress them but at this point there’s a global pandemic. There’s no point in impressing anyone.

3. Doing what I want! 


I have friends who are married or living with their partner or significant other at this time. There have been quite a few fights and arguments that I’m hearing about from them because they aren’t on the same page in regards to whether or not they’re allowed to go out. I mean, I know “essential” employees are still going to work but I have friends who have had arguments about getting groceries. They’re only getting boxes and packages delivered and even then they’re sanitizing everything! Some are even washing the packaging for groceries in the sink with hot water and soap! Some are only staying in the house while others still want to go outside just to walk around the neighborhood. Either way that’s the source of their fighting and arguments over what they should do. Since I’m single. I get to do what I want! I can go for my run because I’m staying more than 6 feet away from people. I get a box from Blue Apron with my meals for the week and I’m not washing packaging because I find that ridiculous. I’m doing what I want, which might not be the case if I was with someone.



4. Watching shows/movies 


I don’t have shows that I need to wait for someone to watch! I can watch whatever movie or tv show I’m feeling at any time. I know a lot of couples watch different shows together but boy am I binging anything and everything I want without having to wait. I also can skip around. Now I know some of you may be saying “you and your partner could watch on different devices!” but to that I say it’s bold of you to assume people have more than one tv and someone would be willing to watch on a phone or smaller device instead of a nice big tv screen.

5. My own schedule 


Thanks to not being someone at this time it means I am making my own schedule. I’m not having to coordinate with someone else to make sure we have meals together or can do different fun activities together. If I want to go for a run, I do! If I want to watch a movie, I do! If I want to play around on my phone, I do! If I want to stay up late, I can! I’m not having to worry about anyone else’s schedule but my own. What I do doesn’t mess up anyone’s schedule but my own, and time honestly isn’t real at this point so do what you want!

6. Stockpiling 


Remember all those concerns about having enough food or having enough toilet paper? I mean, people really did lose their minds about that stuff. Well, being single means I don’t have to share anything! It’s just me! All my toilet paper is mine! All my food is mine! I’m keeping all my resources for me.



7. No kids 


Listen, I know not everyone who is with someone has kids, but there are plenty of people on the dating apps that have kids from previous relationships. I can’t even imagine being with someone right now and having to deal with kids on top of all of this nonsense. Please keep in mind that I do work with at risk kids but I can’t even imagine the nonsense going on in homes with the kids trapped inside all day. I know I would certainly lose my mind because it’s just not an ideal situation.

8. Comfy clothes all day 


I have not put on a pair of jeans or actual pants in more than four weeks. I’m wearing my shorts, running shorts, and athletic pants. I’ve worn so many t-shirts and tank tops that it’s just very comfortable. Hell, not having to wear a bra is truly life changing. I have to remember to even put on a bra when I go and check the mail! I know some people are very comfortable not wearing a bra in the first place but I’m not one of those people. Either way this time of wearing comfortable clothes is my favorite. I love not having to dress up for anyone.



9. No expectations 


There’s no one around to expect anything of me. I’m not having to keep up any sort of “normal” facade at this time because I’m not with someone who would expect it of me. I’m not saying that if I weren’t single I would want to be with someone who would have unrealistic expectations but it seems all too common that people are expecting their partner to be on the exact same page as them at all times. I can have my moments and not have to worry about anyone interrupting.

10. I’m single! 


I just say this because I’ve been single for so long it really would be weird to be going through this lockdown or quarantine if I was stuck with someone else. I’ve been social distancing, only going out when necessary, and having video chats with friends and family. It’s all on my own time and when I want to so I can’t imagine having to merge my schedule with someone else and figuring out when or if things would work out for the best. I've seen people's significant others walking in on work video calls or interrupting things and that would frustrate me to no end! Thankfully I don't have to deal with that.




Well, hopefully some of these reasons resonate with you if you are single and for those of you who are in a relationship maybe you’re just a little bit jealous of some of the freedoms I’m enjoying while being single at this time. Is there anything on the list you agree or disagree with? Or maybe something I forgot? Let me know in the comments down below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment